Sunday 22 May 2011

The Europe Part 1 - Paris

The third stop and also the last stop was to Paris. Coincidently, Paris was also my last stop in my second Europe trip. Paris - A well known city of fashion, beauty and for its gourmet. Well, no food in this entry. Sorry for the disappointment.

Eiffel Tower at night
Eiffel Tower in the day
The tower goes bling bling for 10 mins in every hour during the night
Well, it was winter when I got there in Paris, so the sky was dark and misty like almost everyday in daytime when I was there. And the queue to get up the tower via the elevator was so loooong.

Eiffel Tower from below
Inside Musée du Louvre
Musée du Louvre

Mona Lisa
I guess it was a misconception that I had about the painting of Mona Lisa. It wasn't exactly as big as I thought it was. It was... Maybe around the size of A4 or slightly larger than A4.

The Opera House

During the night

It is amazing how pretty street lights can be. It changes the facade of a place in seconds.


Motre Dame
My room - Novotel Tour Effiel - 15mins walk to the Tower
Room's view
Room's View to the west - River Seine
Streets of Paris Champs Elysees

Here's a better shot
Champs Elysees is famous. It's like the streets of Orchard Road in Singapore. It houses fashions, cosmetics and cafes. It's simply a joy just by walking down and get completely mesmerised by its beauty. And at the end of the road, you'll see this:

Arc de Triomphe
Louis Vuitton along Champs Elysees
"Melting"Building in Paris
It is not exactly melting but the exterior gives you the illusion that it is. It's somewhere behind, near the building of Louis Vuitton.

Along Champs Elysees

The Place Vendôme
So any regrets I have in this trip? Nope. A big no. It could have been more fun if I was accompanied by my love instead of my mom. Isn't Paris a city of love? In any case, it was also this place I got my first branded bag - LV. That aside, Paris, specifically the Effiel Tower, was what I wanted to see when I was in my teenage years. I remember how I would google and take a video tour. Imagining how it feels like to be there in person. And ah-ha, I've been there twice already. Dreams do come true... When you least expect it. (Well, I never thought I would have a chance to visit Europe, it was more like a "Do you want to visit Europe?" and a reply, "Okay", got me there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment